?

Log in

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry

Rohypnol and Date-Rape Drugs!

  • Jun. 5th, 2005 at 5:25 AM
Over Stand
I've been getting this forward for Days now from various sources.... I won't name them, that would be a breach of trust and stuff. besides, I'm sure most of you know these friends of mine. of course, it's not their fault and most of you might have also forwarded this message around. Don't worry, read the post. :o)

Frankly, If I had not been better aware of the situation, chances are that I'd also go forwarding these mails around the globe. So if you just forwarded a hundred copies of the mail, feel free to forward another hundred copies of the second bit as a public service update. :o)



SHOCKING TRUE STORY: (INDIA)

A woman at a Gas nightclub (Mumbai) on Saturday night was taken by 5 men, who according to hospital and police reports, gang raped her before dumping her at Busstand Mumbai. Unable to remember the events of the evening,tests later confirmed the repeat rapes along with traces of rohypnol in her blood.

Rohypnol, date rape drug is an essentially a small sterilization pill. The drug is now being used by rapists at parties to rape AND sterilize their victims. All they have to do is drop it into the girl's drink. The girl can't remember a thing the n! ext morning, of all that had taken place the night before. Rohypnol, which dissolves in drinks just as easily, is such that the victim doesn't conceive from the rape and the rapist needn't worry about having a paternity test identifying him months later. The Drug's affects ARE NOT TEMPORARY - they are PER! MANENT. Any female that takes it WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO CONCEIVE. The weasels can get this drug from anyone who is in the vet school or any university. It's that easy, and Rohypnol is about to break out big on campuses everywhere. Believe it or not, there are even sites on the Internet telling people how to use it.

Please forward this to everyone you know, especially girls.

Girls, be careful when you're out and don't leave your drink unattended. (added - Buy your own drinks, ensure bottles or cans received are unopened or sealed; don't even taste someone else's drink) There has already been a report in Singapore of girls drink been Spiked by Rohypnol. Please make the effort to forward this to everyone you know.

For guys - Pls inform all your female friends and relatives, remember you also have sisters.

" Your life is God's gift to you. What you do for others is your gift To God"

Friends:-
Please Pass this message to your friends.



Guys!! Don't fall for that so easily....

Rohypnol is not as dangerous as this little story makes it out to seem.

In actual fact, Rohypnol acts as a simple sedative and has been prescribed for many years by psychologists on patients who suffer from Insomnia.

Even though Rohypnol acts as a brilliant sleep device, it also has the side effect of causing amnesia (loss of memory). Usually, the memory loss is not totally blanked out. The memory can be recovered with the massage of time. Infact, the recall of lost memory can be accelerated by means of hypnotism and has been successful in almost every clinical trial.

Coming to its sterilization symptom. That was one of the reasons that psychologists were advising small dosages. Rohypnol, if used in excess, has been known to induce sterilization in some females. This is not a proven fact, but surveys seem to indicate that it is true. There is no conclusive evidence of this claim.

Yet, the reason why Rohypnol was really taken off the prescription lists and has become a restricted drug around the world is due to it's use as a date-rape drug. The memory loss and willing passiveness of the subject makes rape an easy feat.

The American Drug Association and FDA officially called for the drug to be restricted for the date-rape scene. Since then, feminists and other liberation groups have taken to slandering the drug based on its (assumed!) ability to cause sterilization.

Rohypnol, even when sold in India, is restricted and it is mandatory that all manufacturers of the drug include a bright purple/blue synthetic coloring to the tablets so that when dissolved in water or any drink, it is clearly visible. Besides, it releases a distinct odor (mandatory by law), even the veterinarian version of the drug features these visual and olfactory warnings.

Don't be afraid of people solely based on one side of the story. Be cautious all the time, but Rohypnol is not something to be feared, it's to be avoided and dealt with rationally.

Just because something does'nt look like Rohypnol, does'nt mean there's no Rohypnol in it. Similarly, Rohypnol is not the only date-rape drug out there. there are thousands of date-rape drugs in the market. Most of them are undeclared.

Trust me, if you get date-raped, and you did everything in your power to ensure that Rohypnol was'nt in the glass, trust me, there are at least 12 ways of administrating other drugs that are less visible, and between 2 to 20 times more potent.

Trust me, I know! :o)

Kaydeeyoh!
Jim....



.


All in all, the world's not half as bad a place as some people make it out to be. If people start jumping wildly about Rohypnol, they'll be mighty surprised when they find that their date-rapes are commited using more than 60 different drugs. If you've been dateraped, the chances of someone using Rohypnol is almost nil. It's less than 1/60! The reason is the Rohypnol scare has made rapists worried. they're using worse drugs because they're scared of the truble that Rohypnol can put them in. We're encouraging a terrible state of affairs through BAD INFORMATION DISSEMENATION! Please avoid spreading half the news and messing up the lives of the other 8 Billion people around you.

Kaydeeyoh!

Comments

vandyvandana wrote:
Jun. 5th, 2005 05:43 am (UTC)
Trust me, I know! :o)
if not you, who else?ROTFLMAO.

the moment i read Rohypnol, i thought i knew wot was coming, but surprizingly, the post tht follows is a gud boy's writing.

how is ur homwork turing out to be?
angiasaa wrote:
Jun. 5th, 2005 02:18 pm (UTC)
My homework? Don't ask, I have to submit my final report by the 14'th. rather, I have to give a presentation on it on the 14'th!

:o) Yeah, who else? lol!
vandyvandana wrote:
Jun. 5th, 2005 04:45 pm (UTC)
blah...the home work which i gave u.
angiasaa wrote:
Jun. 5th, 2005 04:56 pm (UTC)
lol! :o)

It's brain dead! Has'nt moved forward an inch in a thousand years! I get the feeling that you're bunking the meets 'cause of me. :(

hmmmm!
(no subject) - vandyvandana - Jun. 5th, 2005 04:59 pm (UTC)
angiasaa wrote:
Jun. 5th, 2005 07:21 pm (UTC)
As you say lady.... Screened it shall remain....

Though frankly, I don't think I'd go through all that trouble just for a little experimental lesson. :o)
subtle_blues wrote:
Jun. 5th, 2005 05:45 am (UTC)
hey I think I received that mail as well. Didn't care to forward it to anyone for a sheer lack of interest in forwarding mails. Also I guess I knew very few girs who pubbed n dated at that time!( had just begun college)
Hmmmm... Now I'm glad I didn't.
angiasaa wrote:
Jun. 5th, 2005 02:19 pm (UTC)
God bless you! :o)

I guess you're kinda human too!
subtle_blues wrote:
Jun. 5th, 2005 02:24 pm (UTC)
somehow ..
why do i get the feeling i am being ridiculed! :-/
if u are then :p to you!
if u are not then.. why that contorted face?
^ ^
angiasaa wrote:
Jun. 5th, 2005 02:32 pm (UTC)
because you 'are' being ridiculed? :o)
vandyvandana wrote:
Jun. 5th, 2005 04:52 pm (UTC)
hez the master of the 'ridiculing' art.
angiasaa wrote:
Jun. 5th, 2005 04:57 pm (UTC)
Oh (*blushes!*) now you flatter me. :">
vaguelyalive wrote:
Jun. 5th, 2005 06:22 am (UTC)
memory can be recovered with the massage of time.

I think you mean passage...but I'll stop quibbling.

And, yes, if I get that forward one more time I'll gouge my eyes out with a fork...boo.
angiasaa wrote:
Jun. 5th, 2005 02:20 pm (UTC)
I meant 'massage'. :o) Time is a healer in this case.

if I get that forward one more time I'll gouge my eyes out with a fork...boo.

I love that attitude!! *grin!*
vijucat wrote:
Jun. 5th, 2005 06:55 am (UTC)
Believe it or not, there are even sites on the Internet telling people how to use it.
Hey, I just found one!! www.livejournal.com/users/angiasaa!!
:))))))))

Just joking...

As someone once put in a C++ header:

/* If I want to get at your private parts that badly, */

#define private public

/* I will */

angiasaa wrote:
Jun. 5th, 2005 02:21 pm (UTC)
Re: Believe it or not, there are even sites on the Internet telling people how to use it.
Hahahahahahahaha!!

QED!
(no subject) - nash_da_basher - Jun. 5th, 2005 08:19 am (UTC)
angiasaa wrote:
Jun. 5th, 2005 02:22 pm (UTC)
With bangalore, I think I'm willing to believe 'anything'! :o)
(no subject) - fugney - Jun. 5th, 2005 11:01 am (UTC)
angiasaa wrote:
Jun. 5th, 2005 02:24 pm (UTC)
hehe! For a long time, I was intent on making the world seem like a bad place.

Then ofcourse, reality happened!
kalyancreddy wrote:
Jun. 5th, 2005 02:22 pm (UTC)
Hi there, I just added you up as a friend, hope its ok?
angiasaa wrote:
Jun. 5th, 2005 02:23 pm (UTC)
Oh, it's awesome! :) never had so many friends before! It's always good to have friends....

I'll add you up too....

tit-for-tat!
kalyancreddy wrote:
Jun. 5th, 2005 02:37 pm (UTC)
Well, its upto you, but you do not necessarily have to add me back!
angiasaa wrote:
Jun. 5th, 2005 03:12 pm (UTC)
I know. :) But I've read some of your stuff, have heard everyone mentioning 'kalyan' during the cyberabad lj meets....

I guess all said and done, it's more about my own interest than mere tit for tat. :)
kalyancreddy wrote:
Jun. 5th, 2005 05:55 pm (UTC)
Well, the kalyan you mention should (acc to me!) 'VERY' well be kalyan, ;), I did not do anything worth mentionable yet.

Anyway, I envy the cyberabadLJ meets and look forward to meeting you all one day.
angiasaa wrote:
Jun. 5th, 2005 07:24 pm (UTC)
Yeah, I guess that's the kalyan of kalyan fame, but I have nevertheless noticed your comments (which btw, seem to be more of what you do than posts) arund the place. I'm happy to have friended you. :)

Next time you're in town, there's a meet in your honour in the works. :o)
cyberdivalive wrote:
Jun. 6th, 2005 09:35 am (UTC)
So is date-rape an issue to be concerned about in places like Hyderabad?

It happens here in the U.S. I know.

r
angiasaa wrote:
Jun. 6th, 2005 12:37 pm (UTC)
Well, It's an odd situation really, in general, I've found that Indian males are way more desperate about trying to procure females for sexual reasons than most of the developed and developing countries.

Females also have a powerful sexual drive, but it's phenomenally muted due to societal pressure. Also, When a female gets her hands on a potential victim, he really has no bad feelings about it. There's no odd taste in the mouth and the guys, being sexually desperate as it is, enjoy a good ride, at no ones expense.

Date-rape is not a very popular phenomenon in this country for a reason. It's not because Indians lack the drugs, it's not because Indian females don
t drink at the drop of a hat, it's not because of a million other reasons. The main reason is that date-rape is something of an elite issue, an uneducated man for instance, would never even dream of committing the crime (except for a few Einstein-brains out there). The idea is just too far beyond them. Even if they do get the idea, they'd more likely settle down to jumping their quarry on the way back from the fields than settle down to dropping a drug in her cooking.

We would require an educated male, with access to the drug, as also being able to place himself in a position to conveniently administer it under the cover of friendly stealth. If I wanted to rape somebody, it would be more convenient to just jump them in a dark alley than to plot and plan the entire scene with the drug.

Now there could be one situation where date-rape is the only way to get that sexual fulfillment. If a guy had it in mind to take sexual pleasure/excitement of a colleague or a relative, date-rape is the ideal choice. And the interesting thing about date-rape is the issue of consent. It's common knowledge that once under the influence of the drug, you can have total control of your victim, kinda like the intoxicating ability of the vampires of Transylvania.

These two situations are probably the most appropriate ones for date-rape and I dare say, not many have the guts or the mental framework in place, to go through with the entire date-rape shuffle without an ample chance of prior detection.

It does happen in India, and it might well happen in Hyderabad. But I can't say how big an issue it is here in this city. Nevertheless, I presume it's not very rare since there is a huge call-center crowd here and the environment sketched out by call-center life provides an ideal date-rape wire-frame with a regular party scene, late nights and an almost 50:50 ratio of men:women.

Beyond this, date-rape, in my eyes, is the last resort of a desperate man (or woman<-these rarely ever get reported).

Kaydeeyoh!
cyberdivalive wrote:
Jun. 6th, 2005 01:30 pm (UTC)
interesting analysis.

interesting generation:)

r
angiasaa wrote:
Jun. 6th, 2005 02:48 pm (UTC)
Thankyou. Though I invite contending views and/or disqualifications, I'm not perfect. :o)
cyberdivalive wrote:
Jun. 6th, 2005 05:42 pm (UTC)
yes I would like to hear contention - contention anyone?

:)

r
angiasaa wrote:
Jun. 6th, 2005 06:26 pm (UTC)
For some strange reason, I've found that very few people ever contest my views on a matter. It's almost painful when half the people you know just look at you wide eyed and nod woodenly. :o)

I do so love arguing something out. I even go so far as to play devils advocate during discussions just to enjoy the thrill of the argument. :)
cyberdivalive wrote:
Jun. 6th, 2005 06:57 pm (UTC)
good god - are you intimidating in person?

;-)

r
angiasaa wrote:
Jun. 6th, 2005 07:02 pm (UTC)
lol! I'm anything but intimidating. :)

Most people smile when they see me. :) And it might be wishful thinking, but I'm kinda of the opinion that they're not forced smiles. :o)
cyberdivalive wrote:
Jun. 6th, 2005 01:32 pm (UTC)
so what do you mean by "call-center" environment?

r
angiasaa wrote:
Jun. 6th, 2005 02:47 pm (UTC)
call-center life provides an ideal date-rape wire-frame with a regular party scene, late nights and an almost 50:50 ratio of men:women.

That's the basic environment. A lot of other factors also go into this, for instance, the fact that most of the call-center crowd is made up of people in the prime of their sexual maturity. There's also a very powerful social force acting here. People are encouraged to work overtime, working is usually done in cramped cubicles (often shared by two or three people and always with mixed genders).

The mixed genders is promoted by the company white-collars because it's a known fact that mixed genders helps to improve the overall productivity of individuals. People tend to bounce their stress off of each other (passing the ball so to speak) in a mixed-gender environment, thereby reducing the overall stress level.

The drawback about mixed genders is that it is often distractive. Though the final result is greater than it would be for (say) individuals in cubicles, it's still not 100% utilization of human capital.

But looking at it from a social angle, you'll find that mixed genders inevitably get closer to each other more often. A friendly pat on the back becomes a provocative caress on the cheek. It's only to be expected. The lowering of barriers is only natural and with sexually potent individuals in the equation, the answer should be obvious to all.

That's the call-center environment in a nutshell. :o)

Kaydeeyoh!
cyberdivalive wrote:
Jun. 6th, 2005 03:22 pm (UTC)
and might you say that with the newness and almost "ad hoc-ness" of such environments sexual harrassment and other codes for managing male/female work environment behaviours to each other etc are not implicitly or explitly "monitored"?

(excuse the huge generalization... )
angiasaa wrote:
Jun. 6th, 2005 03:40 pm (UTC)
They are 'not'(from what I've seen and heard) monitored in any sense of the term.

If at all, the only thing being done is a direct purge on the sexual harassment situation the moment it arises. Action is only taken on reports of the said behavior. This holds true for either sex really, but males rarely ever complain. (obviously!)

The generalization is alright in this case since sexual harassment is treated virtually on a clone-by-clone basis for virtually all organizations in this country. In fact, it actually makes sense to generalize here. :o)

Kaydeeyoh!
cyberdivalive wrote:
Jun. 6th, 2005 03:52 pm (UTC)
well - sexual harrassment always works specific to context anywhere - and the policies are there most places.

but I am intrigued by your suggestion of possible female to male sexual harrassment (which you are saying isnt resisted -so perhaps the question of force in such a situation does not arise)....

r
angiasaa wrote:
Jun. 6th, 2005 06:01 pm (UTC)
Yes, such a situation tends to suggest that force does not enter the picture. But you've got a point there that travels laterally through into the original question of date-rape.

I failed, in my earlier reply, to note the possible reverse-situations with date-rape. A female wishing to get it on with a fellow employee, but socially impacted toward hushing down might, quite intentionally, lean toward date-raping him.

From my understanding of the general male mind, the chances of him admitting to having woken up in a state beyond his comprehension would be virtually nil. The female would go scot free while the poor man would be left confused and disoriented with no one he'd be comfortable turning to.

Part of what makes men feel manly is his sexual potency. And upon having it slimely whipped out from under him like a carpet would not only be a shock but would also be a closely guarded secret. He would never admit it.

:o)

Coming back to your comment, the question of force does'nt usually apply in peer0groups and colleagues. It would nevertheless apply in the case of a higher placed boss or superior trying to take sexual advantage of a subordinate.

Whether the subordinate is male or female or the superior is male or female would'nt matter in the least.... Heterosexual or not, force can well be applied, even if it's just psychological in nature.

Kaydeeyoh!
cyberdivalive wrote:
Jun. 6th, 2005 06:56 pm (UTC)
"Whether the subordinate is male or female or the superior is male or female would'nt matter in the least.... Heterosexual or not, force can well be applied, even if it's just psychological in nature."

I agree - I was just wondering what context/situation sets up the intimidation etc in such a case.

thanks for the explanation.

r
angiasaa wrote:
Jun. 6th, 2005 07:04 pm (UTC)
Well, I do hope it was helpful. Or if nothing else, at least remotely entertaining. :)

I'm often rapped over the knuckles for being over-explanatory.... :(
cyberdivalive wrote:
Jun. 6th, 2005 08:45 pm (UTC)
you are always very helpful in clarifying.

I dont think you are over-expla... what they said

In fact I'd like to know more...

seems to me there are various kinds of social activities you are taking for granted - that I dont know about either because of a generation gap or because of being away from the Hyderabad scene (which from what I can see has become - metaphorically speaking - a "cyberabad" socio-economic "scene"....

so I'm always happy to learn more.

r
angiasaa wrote:
Jun. 8th, 2005 06:55 pm (UTC)
Thank you. That's a good shot in the arm if I may say so. :)

Well, as I'd mentioned somewhere before, if there's anything you find confusing, or out of whack in a discussion with me, feel free to question me. There are a lot of things I've learned in my life, and since I've got a huge ton of interdisciplinary research in vastly separated fields, it often happens that I say things while taking their relevance for granted.

There's so much data up here, that I'm overwhelmed by it all, I've absorbed it all, but in doing so, I've been unable to take a mental note on things I'm aware of that others might never have heard of. Or for that matter, that others might not recollect or associate with a train of thought.

As for the generation gap, I'm 23, I'll be (24 in a month and a half!) and I hardly have a life apart from what I do online. My entire life is spent staring into the cathode ray gun behind the screen of my monitor. To be perfectly honest, I'm perhaps less clued into Hyderabaddi culture and lifestyle than a guy fresh from New York would be. I've lived here a while, but I'm a reclusive creature and hide from the crowds....

But when I 'do' go out, I feel out of place and instead of enjoying what surrounds me, I observe. Not just a casual glance here and there, It's like I've surrendered my life to being a professional observer. :o)

Kaydeeyoh!
cyberdivalive wrote:
Jun. 8th, 2005 08:36 pm (UTC)
"I hardly have a life apart from what I do online. My entire life is spent staring into the cathode ray gun behind the screen of my monitor. To be perfectly honest, I'm perhaps less clued into Hyderabaddi culture and lifestyle than a guy fresh from New York would be. I've lived here a while, but I'm a reclusive creature and hide from the crowds...."

in short you are what used to be called a "geek"?

but it is my understanding that geeks have the upper hand because of their tech skills:)

and because Hyderabad is so Cyberabadee these days you may indeed be typical of such a culture?
angiasaa wrote:
Jun. 8th, 2005 10:24 pm (UTC)
in short you are what used to be called a "geek"?

Well, in all honesty, I've been given 'geek status' from a phenomenal number of people. And to further upon that angle, I actually relish it! :o)

Geeks do have the upper hand when it comes to 'having' the necessary tech skills to do a lot of stuff. We're able to switch between multiple industries without the express need to learn-up on stuff or more precisely, do the 'back-to-school routine'.

It's impossible to remain alive if there's no mental growth in a geek. And, in my opinion, that is one of the most important factors in my natural instinct to stay up-to-date with things that other people casually dismiss as too trivial a thing to know about, let alone understand.

'I' am typical of a subculture that's increasingly cyberized in nature. The problem with people like us is that we tend to distance ourselves from anything involving socializing.

I for one have fund this to my disadvantage. In order to mint those millions, one has necessarily to socialize. Without it, you're a loner, and since money is a creation of society, money also comes from socializing. :(

But there's also an advantage, I'm in a position where I can make honest judgments without the hindrance of bias when it comes to verifying others opinions or even while verifying my own observational research.

Sadly, that's not all that's left in life, and I find my self in an increasingly knotted niche that's far from complementary to my situation. Yes, I would like to socialize, but they are too few and too widely spread for any sort of interaction to be conducted in a real-world basis. The net is my only medium, it's my only companion....

It might seem like 'cyberabad' is greatly a reflection of my kind of people, but it's still got a phenomenally long way to go. And I hope it does'nt come close. A lot of things would collapse and disintegrate if everybody became like me, even if we're talking only of like-mindedness.

I'm too far in one extreme, and without others in the other extreme, there will be no balance. Balance is everything, without that, not only will the cookie crumble, but society as it is will fold up and await the emergence of a new structure.

Whence forth, it will rise anew, but unlike a phoenix from its ashes, the restructuring would take an incredibly long gestation period. Perhaps that's something I would'nt dream of philosophizing about.

Kaydeeyoh!
cyberdivalive wrote:
Jun. 9th, 2005 12:08 am (UTC)
"Yes, I would like to socialize, but they are too few and too widely spread for any sort of interaction to be conducted in a real-world basis. The net is my only medium, it's my only companion...."

so are you saying that you are at a disadvantage because you spend more time learning new things and dont socialize enough?

what sorts of interactions would you say are money related and why?

I actually think some of your so-called lack of social activity may be because you are a very social creature in a different sort of way - perhaps the conversations you seek are slightly beyond your general age group?

Perhaps you are learning so much so fast that others are unable to socialize with you?

:)

r
angiasaa wrote:
Jun. 9th, 2005 07:35 pm (UTC)
so are you saying that you are at a disadvantage because you spend more time learning new things and dont socialize enough?

Well, not exactly. Yes, I'm at a disadvantage, but so are those who do not live a life like mine. Only, their disadvantages are only in a relative proportion to my own.

I'd say almost all social interactions are money-related. Even emotional interactions can be tied into a socio-cultural drift toward money. The other aspect is Glamor. Money and Glamor are two things that our society virtually lives on.

Rich business men spend their money on Models and Models in turn hang out with business men. It's not always the case of course, but that's the way Jack grew his beanstalk and well, that's the way the world's currently doing it's rounds on its axis.

It's possible that what you say about my 'so-called' lack of social activity is true, but knowing myself as I do, that's not an agreeable option.

I'm not socially active for many reasons. I'm scared of people, I'm terrified of the opposite sex, I have difficulty keeping a conversation afloat. There are numerous things I could tell you about that show that I'm not sociable.

I agree, I do also worry about my ability to 'make the other person understand' when I'm talking about, I wish people would be easier to explain to. It's difficult to find that kind of a person.... Yes, I'm learning a lot, and I'm doing it plenty quick, but that's not a factor as such. It's more the fact that I'm genuinely scared of people that makes me a social freak.

Kaydeeyoh!
subtle_blues wrote:
Jun. 13th, 2005 06:49 am (UTC)
re-commenting!
Vola! Jim,
from date rape to call centers to personal ethos! Looks like u've had one hell of a field trip!
:)
i couldn't resist but re-comment!

though your idea of date rape being an "upperclass" act seems plausible, I think it's more a middle class "scene". I do not know how much I can justify my train of thought. But I'll try my best.

All my so called Upperclass society friends are regular party poopers. They have boyfrds/girlfrds even from the age of 13. They are always seen in the company of their bfs/gfs. (sometimes it does get a lil nauseating too.. all the "LOVE" u know..). Now most of them go around with the ultimate idea of getting laid.. I dont see a point why the guy even has to go so far as to date-rape her.. Cause most of the time the girls are so hard drunk that a drug would only seem redundant!

As for the below middle class( mind you I am talking about the situation in South India Only. Not having travelled much, I am a lil region bound!), the socio-economic n traditional ties make them super desperate. But they are too tied up.

I've seen such cases in college. My college is a perfect example of what happens when u are tied up all your life and suddenly are given unbridled freedom! When these people find themselves working for big names like infosys n wipro ( although the work is worse than a grading job, mostly data entry n testing) and drawing impressive salaries, they somehow feel that the money buys them sexual freedom as well.

Now they start looking for class n grace which they themselves lack ! (i think that's the case with the female sex). Either way, their newly earned sexual liberation does not find enough vent! Somehow they just fail to make the mark! the moves are never made.. The end result is a marriage! I have never seen more sexually frustrated men n women. It's a vicious circle...

as for the middle class, that's i think where I belong! they are neither too tied up nor too liberated! These are the poeple u find in call centers. With average to above average command over English ( i am not using the word good here.. ) they try hard to impress the opposite sex. Experimenting is the in thing in the Middle class society. Hitting pubs n discs gives us cheap thrills!

They are always in limbo, who's to take the first step?
Staying away from home makes the women more vulnerable( and bold n assertive too i think) and the men more adventurous.( I donot know and somehow think improbable that women would resort to date raping their male counterparts except when the man is a subordinate). Bottled up libidos and a yes-no situation i think may drive the subject to resort to date rape!

there .. that's what i think can happen in a city like Hyderabad! :)
As for you being not-sociable, that's not true at all.. I think I've said this before..don't mind saying it again.... I find your company most delightful, both online n offline!

oh... ^ ^ have I said to much!??;)
Cheerio!
angiasaa wrote:
Jun. 13th, 2005 03:27 pm (UTC)
Re: re-commenting!
As I mentioned earlier, date-rape is very probable in the call-center scene. There, I focused on all call-center going people. No discrimination between class, sect or whatever. :)

Among the elite and rich, there is definitely the possibility of date-rape. I have a lot of friends from that strata from Hyderabadi society from the days when we were still staying on rent. Stayed at 'Pasha Court' and was in 'Jubilee Hills' for a good period of time. (stayed twice at 'PC', once before and once after we shifted to Delhi and back.

Believe you me, the possibility is not only great, it's tremendous. With lowered barriers and an increased liking toward their peers' girlfriends, or boyfriends (it's not unheard of!), the quiet neatness of the date-rape package holds out a golden snitch (Harry Potter anyone?) to these sexual predators. They don't want the body for the fact that it's a body, they want it because it's not theirs....

I've spoken at great length to some of these people regarding the issue and my discoveries are everything and shocking!

It's strange to see how these things surface and flutter just under our noses and we don't notice them, or believe that they even exist. But they do, and it's true....

And it's true, I don't appear very unsocial. The truth nevertheless remains that I am, I just try to overcome my social fears by forcing myself into social situations where behaving 'like others do' is my only open option.

Said before, said again, I try....

Kaydeeyoh!